Pamper your senses
Pamper your senses and enhance the healing benefits of the daily bath by fullowing the simple steps:
- Place pads of cotton soaked in pure rose water over closed eyes before taking a bath as it is couling and will help soothe away stress.
- Practice deep breathing while you are waiting for your massage oil to soak in and while you bathe. Deep breathing opens up the channels of the body and infuses the lungs and the body with oxygen. This helps dispel fatigue and enhances mental clarity.
- Gentle aromatherapy can enhance the therapeutic value of the bath. One can add 3-4 drops of aroma oil to your bath water or use one of our Aromatherapy Bath Salts. Through the sense of smell, the aroma quickly transmits a healing message to the brain, nervous system and mind.
- Place live green plants as it is visually pleasing as well as it offer a purified environment too.
Benefits of a bath
- Balances emotions, mind and nervous system
- Enhances blood circulation
- Calms and freshens the mind and elevates the energy levels
- Enhances digestive activity by kindling the agni
- Removes tiredness, sleepiness, exhaustion, burning sensation, thirst, itching and perspiration
Cold Water Bath
One of the important benefits of taking a culd water bath is that it increases your prana. It also helps in improving your eyesight and in stimulating agni that helps in the digestion activity, if taken in proper time. Ayurveda defines three types of prakruti (natures) – Vata, Kapha and Pitta. Bathing in extremely culd water, especially during winter season, can cause kapha-vata imbalance.
While Vata types hate routines and love try to new things, Kapha prakruti people love routine but often their routines are unhealthy. Meanwhile, Pitta prakruti types can add or remove habits almost at will but they face difficulty in differentiating between good and bad habits.
Warm Water Bath
Warm water is good for vata type. A bath with warm water helps in increasing the strength. However, warm water bath should not be taken during summer since it imbalances pitta. Also, use of warm water on the head is not good for the eyes, hair and heart. Hot water applied to head drains strength from sense organs